Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Add product variants, part of Learning Shopify.
- [Instructor] We've gone through the steps…to create a relatively simple product,…but often we have a product with a few options,…like a pair of pants that come in…different sizes and colors.…We're going to create a variant product,…which will let the user choose both size and color…on the product page.…Let's create a basic product first.…I'm going to click on Add product.…I'm going to enter the title for the product.…Stretchy Dance Pants,…and I'm going to copy the description, Copy, Paste,…and I'm going to add an image.…
For right now I'm just going to add the black version image.…Now we're going to go down and add variants.…Scroll down, and click Add variants.…For Option name, we're selling different sizes,…so we should leave it as Size,…and then we're going to type in…all of the different options.…Small, Medium, Large, and Extra Large.…I'm gonna scroll down a little bit here,…and I'm going to add a price for each item.…
I'll add $20 for Small, Medium, and Large,…and 22 for Extra Large.…If we save the product now,…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.