Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Add other information to a product, part of Learn Shopify: The Basics.
- [Voiceover] There's a few things we haven't…yet covered on the product page.…And these are mostly ways to organize…and display your product.…Visibility is one of those settings.…Think of this as a way to deactivate…your product from the store without…deleting any information.…It's useful for seasonal products,…products you only offer in-store, or online,…some store owners don't delete products,…they just turn off the visibility…which keeps all of the data safe.…Unless you're one hundred percent sure that…the product will never come back to your store,…I recommend turning off the visibility…instead of deleting the product.…
The product type is kind of like a category for products.…For blueberry mineral water,…I'm going to add the product type of Mineral Water.…I've already added this product type earlier,…so it'll pop up right here.…Or you can add a brand new one by clicking Add.…Vendor is another way to organize products.…If you sell different brands,…it's a very good idea to help users navigate your store.…They can browse by Apple or by Dell,…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.