Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Add digital products, part of Learning Shopify.
- [Instructor] Shopify focuses on physical goods,…so the experience is designed for that.…You can sell digital goods,…you just have to install some additional functionality.…To sell products with a digital download,…you'll have to install a Shopify app.…We'll cover apps for Shopify, in more detail, later,…but for right now, you can follow along…as I install this simple app.…Click Get, and then, if it's not already here,…enter your store's URL.…Click Log In, look at the permissions,…and then click Install app.…
Once you get the app installed,…you can go to a product in the Shopify Admin,…and then add a downloadable file to that product.…Let's go to Products,…Add product.…We have a cookbook for our customers called In The Kitchen,…then let's type in a description there,…and we'll go down and add a price,…and let's click Save.…After you save, you should see…three little bullet points up here.…
This is where you'll be able to click…and see all of the apps that interact with your product.…Click Add Digital Attachment,…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.