Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Add SEO information to a product, part of Learn Shopify: The Basics.
- [Narrator] We're going to be adding…SEO information to our Shopify products.…For the most part, these changes will affect…the search engine results page, also called a SERP.…That's what we're looking at right now.…At the top of the SERP you'll usually see ads.…And after the ads, you'll see organic listings.…Organic is the term in search engine marketing…for listings that aren't paid.…And you usually see a title,…a description, and a URL.…Sometimes you'll see extra information…like an image or a star rating.…
You can't tell Google what to display…on these search engine result page,…but you can make suggestions.…Let's suggest a title and a description.…I'm going to go back to my Shopify store here.…I already have a product open.…I'm going to scroll down and click Edit website SEO.…The title is probably fine.…If we wanted, we could add something like…H+ Sports,…just so that it appears up here.…For the description, it looks like Shopify…has copied the first 160 characters…of our longer description way up here,…which isn't that useful.…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.