Project management with a smartphone? Yes! Explore a selection of iOS and Android apps that can help you plan and manage photo and video projects.
- Hi, my name's Rich Harrington and in this course, we're gonna explore apps that are available for tablets and smartphones. Most of these apps are available for both Android and iOS. And we'll take a look at tools that are quite useful if you're working on creative projects. Whether you're a photographer, a video professional, an art director, or designer, you'll find these tools useful when it comes to planning out operations in the field. We'll explore a wide range of topics. These include, how to get to know a location before you arrive there.
This'll allow for virtual location scouting, getting familiar with the opportunities and the shots that can be created as well as resources and challenges that you might encounter. We'll also talk about information that could be recorded during a location scout. How to get great photos down so that as you collaborate with other team members or work with client, you can show them what opportunities exist and what a particular location looks like. We'll also learn about recording information on set. How to do things like a model release as well as capturing audio or pictures for reference.
We'll share strategies about how to plan for mother nature so you're not caught by weather by surprise. And that you make sure that you have the right equipment for the shooting situation. And we'll explore how to get more out of available light. We'll talk about shooting under day and night skies and well as apps that will help you plan. We've got a lot of ground to cover, so let's get started.
In this course, photographer, video producer, and educator Rich Harrington takes you on a tour of the kinds of apps that can streamline photo and video projects of all kinds. Review different iOS and Android apps to simplify your entire production, from planning shoots remotely to recording audio on set.
- Location scouting virtually
- Annotating photos during location scouting
- Creating storyboards
- Slating camera takes
- Recording audio on location
- Forecasting the weather
- Understanding the position of the sun, moon, and stars