When you are planning for a photo or video shoot, do you wish you had an app that could help you with anything from location scouting to sun placement? There are a multitude of apps iOS and Android that do just that. In this course, author Richard Harrington gives an overview of mobile apps you can use on to plan for and during production.
- View Offline
- I hoped you enjoyed this look at several different apps…available to help photographers and video pros…get more things done.…I always find the more planning you do,…the better off things turn out.…And if you can spot problems in the field…or get critical information right away,…well, you're gonna save time having to fix things later on.…By being well-informed and taking advantage of technology,…there's a lot that you can get done.…Now, many of these apps are available only for one platform…or have slight variations from operating system…between them.…
So be sure to check out some of the options available…and look for others that are similar.…A lot of times, many application developers…have released products that are just as good…or better than the ones I've covered here.…You'll also find things available…at many different price points.…So ultimately, it's up to you to find the right fit…for your needs.…The important thing here is that today…you learned many different ways…that you can use a tablet or a smart phone…
In this course, photographer, video producer, and educator Rich Harrington takes you on a tour of the kinds of apps that can streamline photo and video projects of all kinds. Review different iOS and Android apps to simplify your entire production, from planning shoots remotely to recording audio on set.
- Location scouting virtually
- Annotating photos during location scouting
- Creating storyboards
- Slating camera takes
- Recording audio on location
- Forecasting the weather
- Understanding the position of the sun, moon, and stars