When you are on set, there will be information that you will need to take down that range in topics from releases to audio to green screen. Is there an app that lets you digitally get a model or location release? Author Richard Harrington demonstrates how to use the app Easy Releases to get the location or model release you need on set.
- The use of release forms can be very important.…These give you permission to show the subject…or show the location.…And if you intend to monetize the image…or even sometimes just show it publicly…you're going to likely need a release form.…Now these can, of course, be done with pen and paper,…but capturing them electronically can speed up the process,…making it easier to file and to deliver copies…to multiple people.…Let's take a look at one possible app.…I'll launch Easy Release.…
And this is one app of many.…You can choose to also use iCloud in this case,…or other cloud-based services to store the material.…There we go.…Now let's go ahead and set something up.…You'll notice that you can create a new release.…If I tap the plus button here…I can make a release for either Model or Property.…Let's do a Property release first.…First up it's gonna ask you to enter some information,…and this is really only needed…the first time you set things up.…
I'll just flip this up into keyboard view.…Tap Next when you're ready.…
In this course, photographer, video producer, and educator Rich Harrington takes you on a tour of the kinds of apps that can streamline photo and video projects of all kinds. Review different iOS and Android apps to simplify your entire production, from planning shoots remotely to recording audio on set.
- Location scouting virtually
- Annotating photos during location scouting
- Creating storyboards
- Slating camera takes
- Recording audio on location
- Forecasting the weather
- Understanding the position of the sun, moon, and stars