Something you need to keep an eye out for before and during your production is the weather. This will help you be prepared for any type of weather comes your way and help you make educated decisions. In this movie, author Richard Harrington describes the importance of using a weather app like Weather Underground before and during production.
- I'm out in the field doing a location scout…and while we're not going to be…doing a lot of shooting today,…it's a good idea to understand the weather.…And on the day of a shoot, it's absolutely essential.…What I like to do is really know…what's gonna be happening that day.…So when I first get up in the morning,…I like to check the forecast.…Just because it said one thing when I went to bed…doesn't mean it's gonna be that way later on.…And one of the my favorite apps to use…both back at in the office or at home,…as well as I arrive on location,…is an app called Weather Underground.…Let's go ahead and launch Weather Underground.…
And this is an app that gives you very accurate forecasts.…Now it is a paid app, but I don't mind paying a bit…if it means keeping my gear safe…and knowing my shooting conditions.…Alright, well it says here that…we're looking at mostly cloudy.…But what concerns me is that…there's an 80% chance of precipitation.…So it's gonna be very important…that we don't leave gear laying around…or exposed to the elements today during our location scout.…
In this course, photographer, video producer, and educator Rich Harrington takes you on a tour of the kinds of apps that can streamline photo and video projects of all kinds. Review different iOS and Android apps to simplify your entire production, from planning shoots remotely to recording audio on set.
- Location scouting virtually
- Annotating photos during location scouting
- Creating storyboards
- Slating camera takes
- Recording audio on location
- Forecasting the weather
- Understanding the position of the sun, moon, and stars