Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Using pivot tables, part of Google Sheets Essential Training.
…A pivot table report in Google sheets is a dynamic tool you can use to…interpret the data in your spreadsheet without ever having to enter a formula.…Pivot table reports give you a quick way of analyzing a large amount of…spread sheet data.…Let's look at how to create and…use a pivot table report in a Google Sheet spreadsheet.…I'll show you how it works in this solar products sales spreadsheet.…You'll notice that I've organized my data into columns.…It's best to organize your data into columns for pivot tables because column…headers will become the fields that you add into your pivot table report.…
Once you've opened your spreadsheet,…you don't even have to pick a range of cells to add to your pivot table.…Google Sheets will automatically detect a range of cells for your pivot table.…You can always edit the data range at any point.…Start by clicking the data menu and selecting pivot table report.…A new sheet named Pivot Table 1 will open in your spreadsheet document.…With a report editor tool available on the right hand side of the screen.…
- Navigating Google Sheets
- Creating, naming, and saving spreadsheets
- Importing files
- Converting other file formats such as Microsoft Excel to Google Sheets
- Editing cells
- Inserting, deleting, and moving rows and columns
- Adding hyperlinks and images
- Formatting data
- Using formulas and functions
- Sharing spreadsheets
- Using the Google Sheets mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Sheets
2. Creating Spreadsheets
3. Editing Spreadsheets
4. Viewing and Printing Spreadsheets
5. Formatting Spreadsheets
6. Working with Spreadsheet Data
7. Collaborating with Google Sheets
Commenting on a spreadsheet3m 26s
8. Using the Google Sheets Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.