Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Using IF functions and nested functions, part of Google Sheets Essential Training.
…The IF function in Google Sheets allows you to evaluate the contents of a cell for…two possible conditions and calculate the value of the formula,…depending on whether the condition is true or false.…You can also include nested functions to make really powerful formulas.…First, let's review how the IF function works in Google Sheets.…The IF function works by performing a logical test that can only have one of…two outcomes, true or false.…It outputs a result based on the outcome of that test.…
The IF function has the following syntax.…IF, logical_expression, value_if_true, value_if_false.…Let me show you how to use the IF function on the sales spreadsheet.…Click on the cell where you'd like the result to appear and…enter the IF function by entering an equal sign and typing if.…Select the IF function from the drop-down list that appears.…Next, enter the logical test.…I want to do a logical test on cell D2 to see if…there's enough items left in stock for next month.…
I'm going to test the value of the cell D2 to see if…
- Navigating Google Sheets
- Creating, naming, and saving spreadsheets
- Importing files
- Converting other file formats such as Microsoft Excel to Google Sheets
- Editing cells
- Inserting, deleting, and moving rows and columns
- Adding hyperlinks and images
- Formatting data
- Using formulas and functions
- Sharing spreadsheets
- Using the Google Sheets mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Sheets
2. Creating Spreadsheets
3. Editing Spreadsheets
4. Viewing and Printing Spreadsheets
5. Formatting Spreadsheets
6. Working with Spreadsheet Data
7. Collaborating with Google Sheets
Commenting on a spreadsheet3m 26s
8. Using the Google Sheets Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.