Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Using formulas and functions, part of Google Sheets Essential Training.
…One of the main benefits of using a spreadsheet application is that it gives…you the capability to perform calculations on the data you enter, using formulas and…built in functions.…Using formulas and…functions in Google Sheets allows you to perform basic math calculations such as,…adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing the contents of cells.…You can also perform more sophisticated calculations with Google Sheets…built-in functions.…Some commonly used functions help you find the average numerical value of a range of…cells, the cell count, the current date or the number of characters in a cell.…
Advanced users may even use formulas to do things like manipulate text in a cell,…calculate a loan payment or…test the content of two cells to see which is larger.…Before we get into the nitty-gritty of how this works, let's define some terms.…A formula is the mathematical equation that's used to calculate the result.…A function is used inside a formula and is sort of a code that is…built into Google Sheets that makes the formula much easier to write.…
- Navigating Google Sheets
- Creating, naming, and saving spreadsheets
- Importing files
- Converting other file formats such as Microsoft Excel to Google Sheets
- Editing cells
- Inserting, deleting, and moving rows and columns
- Adding hyperlinks and images
- Formatting data
- Using formulas and functions
- Sharing spreadsheets
- Using the Google Sheets mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Sheets
2. Creating Spreadsheets
3. Editing Spreadsheets
4. Viewing and Printing Spreadsheets
5. Formatting Spreadsheets
6. Working with Spreadsheet Data
7. Collaborating with Google Sheets
Commenting on a spreadsheet3m 26s
8. Using the Google Sheets Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.