Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Using conditional formatting, part of Google Sheets Essential Training.
…The Google Sheet's Conditional formatting tool allows you to…automatically apply text formatting or change the background color for one or…more cells, based on the value of the cell.…To add Conditional formatting, you set up a rule that would change the formatting of…each cell that meets certain conditions.…For example, you might create a Conditional formatting rule that states.…If the value is less than 100, color the cell background red.…By applying this rule,…you'd be able to quickly see which cells contain values less than 100.…
Let's walk through the process of creating a Conditional formatting rule and…look at how it works.…I'll show you on this sales data spreadsheet.…The first thing I want to do is to highlight any cells where my…stock might be running low.…I want to see any item on the list where the percent of…stock items sold is greater than 90%.…First I'll select the whole column percent of stock items sold.…Then I'll click the Format menu and select Conditional formatting.…In the pop up that appears,…
- Navigating Google Sheets
- Creating, naming, and saving spreadsheets
- Importing files
- Converting other file formats such as Microsoft Excel to Google Sheets
- Editing cells
- Inserting, deleting, and moving rows and columns
- Adding hyperlinks and images
- Formatting data
- Using formulas and functions
- Sharing spreadsheets
- Using the Google Sheets mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Sheets
2. Creating Spreadsheets
3. Editing Spreadsheets
4. Viewing and Printing Spreadsheets
5. Formatting Spreadsheets
6. Working with Spreadsheet Data
7. Collaborating with Google Sheets
Commenting on a spreadsheet3m 26s
8. Using the Google Sheets Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.