Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the View menu, part of Google Sheets Essential Training.
…Lets take a closer look at the View menu, to help you navigate the view of…your spreadsheet while you're entering, reviewing or presenting data.…To access the View menu,…click the word View in the upper menu above the Google Sheets toolbar.…You'll see a drop-down menu up here with several options listed.…Let's walk through each of…these selections to get a sense of how they're used.…The first two options are Freeze Rows and Freeze Columns.…Freezing Rows and Columns is useful if you want to keep a row or…column header or label visible as you scroll through a large spreadsheet.…
You can freeze up to ten rows or five columns per sheet.…The next option is Gridlines.…Gridlines are those light gray lines between rows and columns.…By default, gridlines are shown.…If you'd like to turn off gridlines, uncheck it.…Check Gridlines, and they'll appear again.…The next option is Protected Ranges.…This is only relevant if you've set up some areas of your spreadsheet that…you don't want others to revise or edit.…If you've set up any protected ranges,…
- Navigating Google Sheets
- Creating, naming, and saving spreadsheets
- Importing files
- Converting other file formats such as Microsoft Excel to Google Sheets
- Editing cells
- Inserting, deleting, and moving rows and columns
- Adding hyperlinks and images
- Formatting data
- Using formulas and functions
- Sharing spreadsheets
- Using the Google Sheets mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Sheets
2. Creating Spreadsheets
3. Editing Spreadsheets
4. Viewing and Printing Spreadsheets
5. Formatting Spreadsheets
6. Working with Spreadsheet Data
7. Collaborating with Google Sheets
Commenting on a spreadsheet3m 26s
8. Using the Google Sheets Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.