Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Quick Sum, part of Google Sheets Essential Training.
…Quicksum is a speedy and…powerful feature of Google Sheets that shows you at a glance the sum,…average, minimum, maximum, and count of any spreadsheet cells you select.…It's a terrific feature to use during a presentation, or just for…gathering some quick data without entering a formula.…Let me show you how easy and fast it is to use the quicksum feature.…You can select a range of cells, or…you can select non-adjacent cells to use with quicksum.…First, I'll show you how to select a range of cells using my sales spreadsheet.…
Start by highlighting the cells of data that you'd like to total up.…You can select up to 1,000 cells.…I'll click and…drag to select all the cells containing data, in the Price column.…When I look down in the lower right hand corner of my spreadsheet, while these…cells are selected, I see a little notification that wasn't there before.…It reads, sum $941.32.…I can select the Arrow icon on the right side of this quicksum notification, and it…will show me several more calculations at a glance, about the cells I've selected.…
- Navigating Google Sheets
- Creating, naming, and saving spreadsheets
- Importing files
- Converting other file formats such as Microsoft Excel to Google Sheets
- Editing cells
- Inserting, deleting, and moving rows and columns
- Adding hyperlinks and images
- Formatting data
- Using formulas and functions
- Sharing spreadsheets
- Using the Google Sheets mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Sheets
2. Creating Spreadsheets
3. Editing Spreadsheets
4. Viewing and Printing Spreadsheets
5. Formatting Spreadsheets
6. Working with Spreadsheet Data
7. Collaborating with Google Sheets
Commenting on a spreadsheet3m 26s
8. Using the Google Sheets Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.