Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Find and Replace, part of Google Sheets Essential Training.
…Sometimes you need to find or…replace content in a long spreadsheet or in a spreadsheet with multiple sheets.…Using the find/replace tool in Google Sheets can help you…find information quickly.…And can help you revise your spreadsheet without going through…a painstaking revision process.…I'll use this solar system cost analysis spreadsheet to show you how to…use the find and replace tool.…First let's talk about how to find a word or a phrase in the spreadsheet.…Select any cell on the spreadsheet and then press Ctrl+F on a PC or…Cmd+F on a Mac.…
And a small find tool will pop up in the upper-right corner of the spreadsheet.…Type the word or phrase you'd like to find.…I'm going to search for the word tax.…So I'll enter tax in the search box.…As you type, your search term will be highlighted everywhere it…appears in the currently active sheet in the color green.…If multiple results are found in your document,…it will display the number of results found in the Find tool.…You can see that tax has been found two places in the spreadsheet.…
- Navigating Google Sheets
- Creating, naming, and saving spreadsheets
- Importing files
- Converting other file formats such as Microsoft Excel to Google Sheets
- Editing cells
- Inserting, deleting, and moving rows and columns
- Adding hyperlinks and images
- Formatting data
- Using formulas and functions
- Sharing spreadsheets
- Using the Google Sheets mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Sheets
2. Creating Spreadsheets
3. Editing Spreadsheets
4. Viewing and Printing Spreadsheets
5. Formatting Spreadsheets
6. Working with Spreadsheet Data
7. Collaborating with Google Sheets
Commenting on a spreadsheet3m 26s
8. Using the Google Sheets Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.