Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding common Google Sheets terminology, part of Google Sheets Essential Training.
…Google Sheets uses some specialized terminology specific to spreadsheets and…Google products.…Let's get familiar with what these terms mean before we dive into the details of…how to use Google Sheets.…First, let's define the word spreadsheet.…A spreadsheet is a document in which data is arranged in a grid of rows and columns.…Using a spreadsheet to organize information allows the data to be…stored in a structured way, and allows the data to be analyzed using calculations.…In business environments, spreadsheets are often used to…create documents like budgets, time sheets and expense reports.…
Charts and…graphs can automatically be created from the data in spreadsheets as well.…Now let's define the parts of the spreadsheet.…The spreadsheet is made up of horizontal rows and vertical columns.…Rows are typically labeled using numbers like 1, 2,…3, and columns are labeled with letters like A, B, C.…Individual row-column locations such as A3 or C2 are called cells.…Each cell can store a unique instance of data.…
- Navigating Google Sheets
- Creating, naming, and saving spreadsheets
- Importing files
- Converting other file formats such as Microsoft Excel to Google Sheets
- Editing cells
- Inserting, deleting, and moving rows and columns
- Adding hyperlinks and images
- Formatting data
- Using formulas and functions
- Sharing spreadsheets
- Using the Google Sheets mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Sheets
2. Creating Spreadsheets
3. Editing Spreadsheets
4. Viewing and Printing Spreadsheets
5. Formatting Spreadsheets
6. Working with Spreadsheet Data
7. Collaborating with Google Sheets
Commenting on a spreadsheet3m 26s
8. Using the Google Sheets Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.