Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Sorting data on a spreadsheet, part of Google Sheets Essential Training.
…In Google Sheets, you can sort your data based on rules you set for one or…more columns.…You can sort a column so that the other columns in the spreadsheet are sorted…along with it, or you can sort a column on its own.…You can also sort multiple columns in priority order.…Sorting columns can be handy for looking at your data in different ways quickly…without setting up filter views or pivot tables.…Let me show you how sorting columns works in Google Sheets.…I'll show you on the sales spreadsheet.…Most commonly, you'll want to sort your spreadsheet on a single column and…you'll want to have the other columns in the spreadsheet sorted along with it so…you don't mess up your data.…
The simplest way to do that is to use the sorting arrow in the column header.…If you have a header row, first you'll need to freeze that row or…rows by clicking View > Freeze rows.…I have one header row, so I'll select Freeze 1 row.…I'd like to sort this spreadsheet by price, with the highest price on top.…I'll hover over the column header for…
- Navigating Google Sheets
- Creating, naming, and saving spreadsheets
- Importing files
- Converting other file formats such as Microsoft Excel to Google Sheets
- Editing cells
- Inserting, deleting, and moving rows and columns
- Adding hyperlinks and images
- Formatting data
- Using formulas and functions
- Sharing spreadsheets
- Using the Google Sheets mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Sheets
2. Creating Spreadsheets
3. Editing Spreadsheets
4. Viewing and Printing Spreadsheets
5. Formatting Spreadsheets
6. Working with Spreadsheet Data
7. Collaborating with Google Sheets
Commenting on a spreadsheet3m 26s
8. Using the Google Sheets Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.