Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating Google Sheets, part of Google Sheets Essential Training.
…Let's take a quick tour of Google Sheets, and…get comfortable navigating the interface.…I'll show you where things are located in Google Sheets using this…solar company's spreadsheet showing cost and payback period for solar products.…First, let's look at the layout of the spreadsheet itself.…The title of the spreadsheet is in the upper left corner in large letters.…The title of this spreadsheet is Navigating.…The contents of the spreadsheet are organized in columns,…labelled with lettered column headers such as A, B, C.…The rows are labelled with numbered row headers starting with one,…two, three, and so on.…
For example, this is column C and this is row 11.…Each cell in the spreadsheet is represented by a column letter and…row number.…For example, the cell I've highlighted here is cell C11.…When a cell is selected, the column letter and…row number will highlight and you can edit the contents of the cell.…Also notice that when I select a cell, I can see and…edit the contents of the cell in the formula bar in the upper left.…
- Navigating Google Sheets
- Creating, naming, and saving spreadsheets
- Importing files
- Converting other file formats such as Microsoft Excel to Google Sheets
- Editing cells
- Inserting, deleting, and moving rows and columns
- Adding hyperlinks and images
- Formatting data
- Using formulas and functions
- Sharing spreadsheets
- Using the Google Sheets mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Sheets
2. Creating Spreadsheets
3. Editing Spreadsheets
4. Viewing and Printing Spreadsheets
5. Formatting Spreadsheets
6. Working with Spreadsheet Data
7. Collaborating with Google Sheets
Commenting on a spreadsheet3m 26s
8. Using the Google Sheets Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.