Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Moving rows, columns, and cells, part of Google Sheets Essential Training.
…Sometimes you want to move a row, a column, or…a selection of cells in a spreadsheet to a different location in the spreadsheet.…You may be editing the spreadsheet and you realize the spreadsheet data would…be easier to read if the columns were in a different order.…Or you may just need to move some data up or down in your list of data.…Let me show you some quick and easy ways to move rows, columns and…groups of cells within a Google Sheet spreadsheet.…Let's start here by showing you how to move rows and columns.…I'll use this Solar Panel chart to show you how.…The quickest and easiest way to move rows or columns is just to click on the row or…column and drag and drop it to a new location.…
On my Solar Panel sizing chart I'll move column B so that it's the first column.…By clicking once on the gray column header,…my cursor turns into a little icon of a hand.…Then I can click and drag that column, and drop it in the new location.…Now my Solar Panel Size column is the first column, column A.…I can do the same thing with rows.…
- Navigating Google Sheets
- Creating, naming, and saving spreadsheets
- Importing files
- Converting other file formats such as Microsoft Excel to Google Sheets
- Editing cells
- Inserting, deleting, and moving rows and columns
- Adding hyperlinks and images
- Formatting data
- Using formulas and functions
- Sharing spreadsheets
- Using the Google Sheets mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Sheets
2. Creating Spreadsheets
3. Editing Spreadsheets
4. Viewing and Printing Spreadsheets
5. Formatting Spreadsheets
6. Working with Spreadsheet Data
7. Collaborating with Google Sheets
Commenting on a spreadsheet3m 26s
8. Using the Google Sheets Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.