Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Google Sheets formatting tips, part of Google Sheets Essential Training.
…Let's take some time to talk about several time-saving tips in Google Sheets that can…help you format data quickly and easily in your spreadsheet.…The tips I'll show you today include using the Paint Format tool,…selecting non-adjacent cells for…formatting, and using your keyboard to repeat your last formatting action.…I'll also show you where to find a list of keyboard shortcuts especially for…formatting.…I'll show you how all of these formatting tips work on my…Monthly Sales Report spreadsheet.…The first thing I'll show you is the Paint Format tool.…
This is one of my favorite features of Google Sheets and I use it all the time.…You'll use the Paint Format tool when you want to copy the formatting of one cell or…a range of cells to another cell or range of cells.…In this example,…I'd like the other column headers to match the formatting on the Date column.…To paint this format under the other column headers,…first I'll select the cell that I'd like to copy the formatting from.…I'll select the Date column header cell.…
- Navigating Google Sheets
- Creating, naming, and saving spreadsheets
- Importing files
- Converting other file formats such as Microsoft Excel to Google Sheets
- Editing cells
- Inserting, deleting, and moving rows and columns
- Adding hyperlinks and images
- Formatting data
- Using formulas and functions
- Sharing spreadsheets
- Using the Google Sheets mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Sheets
2. Creating Spreadsheets
3. Editing Spreadsheets
4. Viewing and Printing Spreadsheets
5. Formatting Spreadsheets
6. Working with Spreadsheet Data
7. Collaborating with Google Sheets
Commenting on a spreadsheet3m 26s
8. Using the Google Sheets Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.