Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting cell, row, and column data, part of Google Sheets Essential Training.
…Let's take a few minutes to walk through the process of formatting cells, rows and…columns in Google Sheets.…Google Sheets gives you a lot of options for formatting your spreadsheet data.…You can find these formatting options under the Format menu.…In the toolbar.…And in the keyboard shortcuts.…Some of the formatting options you can apply to a cell or…multiple cells, include changing the number, date, or currency format.…Changing the font type or…font size, adding bold, italic, or strike through to text.…
Changing the color of text or the background color of a cell.…Adding borders and adjusting border colors, patterns, and thickness.…Merging cells.…Aligning text horizontally or vertically.…And wrapping text in a cell.…When you hover over a fermenting icon in the tool bar,…you'll see a description of what the option can do.…For example, when I hover over this B icon, I see a pop up…description showing me that the tool is used for formatting text in bold.…Let's take a quick look at how formatting options work for you in Google Sheets.…
- Navigating Google Sheets
- Creating, naming, and saving spreadsheets
- Importing files
- Converting other file formats such as Microsoft Excel to Google Sheets
- Editing cells
- Inserting, deleting, and moving rows and columns
- Adding hyperlinks and images
- Formatting data
- Using formulas and functions
- Sharing spreadsheets
- Using the Google Sheets mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Sheets
2. Creating Spreadsheets
3. Editing Spreadsheets
4. Viewing and Printing Spreadsheets
5. Formatting Spreadsheets
6. Working with Spreadsheet Data
7. Collaborating with Google Sheets
Commenting on a spreadsheet3m 26s
8. Using the Google Sheets Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.