Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Entering hyperlinks, part of Google Sheets Essential Training.
…Google Sheets gives you several ways to insert hyperlinks easily into…your spreadsheet.…They've even integrated the power of Google Search into the hyperlink insertion…tool to make it as easy as possible for you to add web links.…Let's start with the simplest solution for entering a link into a spreadsheet.…If you want to include a link in your spreadsheet,…simply enter that URL into a cell.…I'll enter a link in the cell A6.…When you move to another cell, the hyperlink will become active.…Notice now when you click on the cell with the link inside, you'll get a pop-up with…the option to open the hyperlink in a new tab or to change or remove the hyperlink.…
If you want a specific URL to test within a cell of your spreadsheet,…use the Insert Link tool.…Let me show you how that works.…First, click the cell where you'd like the link to appear.…Now, click the Link icon on the toolbar.…The link tool will open up.…In the text field, type or…edit the text you'd like displayed in the cell that will contain the link.…
- Navigating Google Sheets
- Creating, naming, and saving spreadsheets
- Importing files
- Converting other file formats such as Microsoft Excel to Google Sheets
- Editing cells
- Inserting, deleting, and moving rows and columns
- Adding hyperlinks and images
- Formatting data
- Using formulas and functions
- Sharing spreadsheets
- Using the Google Sheets mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Sheets
2. Creating Spreadsheets
3. Editing Spreadsheets
4. Viewing and Printing Spreadsheets
5. Formatting Spreadsheets
6. Working with Spreadsheet Data
7. Collaborating with Google Sheets
Commenting on a spreadsheet3m 26s
8. Using the Google Sheets Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.