In this video, explore SharePoint surveys and their various features.
- [Instructor] SharePoint surveys are a great way to find out information from your users. You can find out what they need, what they have, how they feel. You can create all kinds of surveys. We have an employee satisfaction survey here where we ask people how they like working for the organization. We have all different types of questions and answers that we can provide. We can ask people to find out information about something they already have, like our health insurance survey.
Do you have health insurance? What's important about health insurance to you? What things would you like to be covered in your health insurance? We even have branching logic surveys like our SharePoint survey here, where you get a different set of questions depending on how you answer.
You have lots of options with surveys. You can change things like the name, the description. You can decide who can see the survey. Can they see the results? Can they see the names of the users? You can decide things like can everybody read all of the responses? Can they edit them? You could also go ahead and set permissions for a survey, so you can control who has access to it.
And you'll always be able to see how people respond to a survey. You can view the individual responses and you can edit them, delete them, and change questions if you need to. You can also see your survey results presented to you graphically. There's even a way to go ahead and export your survey results to an Excel spreadsheet.
Surveys are a great tool. I hope you're going to enjoy them as much as I do.
- Creating a survey with the survey app
- Adding questions to a survey
- Adding drop-down menu choice questions
- Survey settings
- Editing and deleting questions
- Setting survey permissions
- Creating branching logic in a survey
- Reviewing survey responses as a user and as a site owner