Walk through the wizard installation process for SharePoint and learn about the options available along the way.
- [Instructor] Now that we have slipstreamed…our feature pack into the install media,…it's easy to get started.…To do so, I want to make sure that we are…logged in as our setup account, which we are.…And so all we need to do is go to the media,…which I have in the share folder.…As you remember, I copied the SharePoint 2016 install media…to the drive so that I could add updates.…And so we added the MSP and XML file.…I have the extensions here so you can see.…
That's the Windows installer patch and the XML document,…which we quote, unquote "slipstreamed,"…which really means we extracted from the feature pack…that we downloaded, or I had downloaded,…and we got the two files and we put them over here,…and that is called slipstreaming,…so that our updates are in this folder.…Now, the key is, if you happen to have…the SharePoint 2016 media in several places,…the setup.exe file that is located in this media folder…tickles the local updates folder.…
So if you run setup from some other location,…it's not going to point to these updates,…
CA Callahan takes you through each stage of the process, covering everything from software installation prerequisites, to common topologies and MinRoles, to how to slipstream updates into an installation. Callahan introduces best practices, as well as steps involved in configuring outgoing email, web applications, site collections, managed accounts, and farm accounts. Plus, discover how to use some common tools that experienced administrators use on a day-to-day basis to make the most of their installation efforts.
- SharePoint installation considerations
- Configuring SQL for SharePoint
- Software installation prerequisites
- Using the Installation Wizard
- Installing SharePoint 2016 on additional servers
- Configuring outgoing email
- Configuring a web application and site collection