In this example, we use an If function in a calculated control to tell the form whether or not the date entered is within an acceptable range and return a dynamic message on the form.
- [Instructor] Using an IF function in Nintex Forms…works exactly like they do in Excel.…And if this thing is true then return this value,…and if it's false then return this other value.…It's not really that big of a deal,…but I'm going to spice it up a bit.…The goal of a form is to get users to fill it out correctly.…So anything we can do to communicate with them…while they're working on the form…makes that form friendlier,…makes it more likely that they're going to give us good data.…Let's use an IF statement in a calculated field…to let the user know whether or not…the information they've entered is valid.…
So we're going to use a calculated field.…I'm going to put it right here under start date…because I want them to know whether or not…they're booking a trip within a time frame…where we're able to still book it online.…So like if they were trying to book a flight for tonight,…we don't want them using this form.…So I'll double-click on that calculated value,…I'll click in the formula,…and then I'll be presented over here…
- Explain how to change layout options on Nintex forms.
- Use a lookup list control to reuse lists in multiple forms.
- Configure form controls to filter options.
- Describe techniques that can be used to hide calculated values on a form.
- Identify the benefits of responsive forms.
- Give examples of how buttons enhance forms.
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: No-Code Workflowswith Gini von Courter1h 19m Intermediate
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
Integrating Dynamics 365 with SharePointwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 29m Intermediate
1. Format in Forms Designer
2. Configure General Form Controls
3. Build Business Logic
4. Design Responsive Layouts
5. Submit and Maintain Forms
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.