Take information gathered in form control fields and use it to populate your SharePoint list. This applies to lookup functions and calculated fields.
- [Instructor] You can use a lookup field on a form…or a calculated value, but it's not writing that information…back to a SharePoint list until you tell it to do that.…Think about it,…you could be looking up information from a list…on a totally different site collection…just to make sure that the user was getting…the information they needed to return the value…that you needed.…In this particular example,…we're having them look up an airport code…from a list that we already have out on a SharePoint site,…and then we're having them return the value…back to a SharePoint list.…
Let's make sure that we understand what's going on.…List settings,…notice that I have two single line of text values here.…I have Purpose of the the Trip, and I have Travel_Airport.…This is important to note,…because if you want to send a value…from a calculated field inside of a Nintex form,…it can only be written back to a single line of text.…In this particular case,…I'm going to send it back to Travel_Airport,…and I want to go one extra step…
- Explain how to change layout options on Nintex forms.
- Use a lookup list control to reuse lists in multiple forms.
- Configure form controls to filter options.
- Describe techniques that can be used to hide calculated values on a form.
- Identify the benefits of responsive forms.
- Give examples of how buttons enhance forms.
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: No-Code Workflowswith Gini von Courter1h 19m Intermediate
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
Integrating Dynamics 365 with SharePointwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 29m Intermediate
1. Format in Forms Designer
2. Configure General Form Controls
3. Build Business Logic
4. Design Responsive Layouts
5. Submit and Maintain Forms
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.