Learn how to create new default views. Learn how to delete a view.
- [Instructor] Let's learn how to create new default views…and how to delete views that SharePoint creates for us.…I'm going to navigate back to my SharePoint site.…Okay, I'll go ahead and minimize my database.…We have several tabs open.…I'm going to go ahead and close my tabs.…Okay, I'm going to get down to just one tab here…and then on the left hand side I'll choose site contents.…Let's go ahead and work with customers.…Because we imported customers in,…every time we open the default view it's open in edited form…so let's go ahead and click customers.…
We don't want our users to actually open up in the…editing format so we are constantly clicking stop editing.…Again this occurred because we imported this list…and SharePoint from our access database.…Okay, let's go to the list tab and let's choose create view.…We'll go ahead and do a standard view…and let's name it customer list.…We want this to be the default view.…That way every time anyone clicks on customer…it defaults to the customer list view we're about to create.…
- Building an Access table and a SharePoint list
- Linking a SharePoint list to Access
- Exporting a table to SharePoint
- Connecting SharePoint to Access
- Creating macros to open lists
- Modifying Access forms
- Working with views
- Building reports for your integration
- Building views for data in SharePoint
- Sharing a SharePoint site with permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: No-Code Workflowswith Gini von Courter1h 19m Intermediate
Access 2016: Reporting to Web Systemswith Adam Wilbert1h 47m Intermediate
1. Aligning Data between SharePoint and Access
2. Connecting SharePoint to Access
3. Building Forms for Your Integration
4. Building Reports for Your Integration
5. Building Views for Data in SharePoint
6. Generating Excel Reports for SharePoint
Linking data to Excel2m 26s
7. Finalizing the Database for Production
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.