Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with rich media, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
If you have a site with the Publishing feature enabled, you have the built-in…ability to play video and audio on your site, using a new Web Part.…Now, you don't have to be using a Publishing Portal. Any site can have the…Publishing feature enabled, as long as you've got SharePoint Server.…We'd really need to have two things going on here: where do I want to store the…video or the audio that I'm playing, and where do I want to play it.…Now, if I look at my Site Actions > View All Site Content here, I've got a bunch…of libraries here including images and pages, but maybe I'll have another…library to store some video, for example.…
Let's create a new library.…There's actually one called an asset library here.…I'm going to do this and call it Video.…You'll actually see asset libraries used in quite a lot of sites.…In fact, it's quite common to hear them referred to as site assets. Click Create.…It's really just a document library with extra few settings to give you…thumbnails, for example, if you upload an image.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.