Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with libraries, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
If there is one single piece of SharePoint that most people are going to use…most of the time, it will be this part of SharePoint called a document library.…You'll find a document library on just about every single SharePoint site that…exists, and in many cases more than one document library.…These are not things to be careful about.…They are things to use liberally.…They are things to use easily, like you might use folders on your desktop.…On a typical team site, you'll find a document library called Shared Documents.…
I've uploaded the couple of things to this, just so we have something to work with.…A document library is part of a site.…You'll find them in a team site, you'll find them in a Document Workspace, you'll…find them in a Meeting Workspace.…They are containers for documents but they are not folders.…You can actually have folders inside document libraries.…These are kind of like having a folder on steroids.…There's a whole lot more you can do by putting your documents in a document…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.