Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Work with files in Yammer, part of Yammer 2016 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] There are some new file and document features…that area available in Yammer.…These may not all have rolled out in your organization,…but if they have not, they will soon.…The first is the ability to attached documents,…not just from your computer or from Yammer,…but from other Office 365 sources.…Specifically, from SharePoint and from OneDrive.…For example, any time I see an attachment button,…I will have the ability to select files…from OneDrive as well as from my computer or from Yammer.…
And again, I may also have the potential to…select files from SharePoint.…The second change is the ability to create…new Office documents directly in Yammer.…And while I will show you how to upload and attach documents…in the next few movies, it's really cool to be able…to click the plus button…and simply create a new Word document.…You'll have to give it a name.…Just name this test document.…And we will immediately be taken to an instance…of Microsoft Word online,…so that we can edit our test document.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Explain how you might best us Yammer within your organization.
- Recall what happens when you log into Yammer and you are not logged into Office 365.
- Explain how to add a topic to an existing post.
- Identify how you would choose topics for a post.
- List the steps for finding something posted last week.
- Recall how to upload files without attaching them to a post.
- Recognize how to add new members to a private group that is hidden.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2017. What changed?
A: Videos were added that show how to send private messages and work with files in Yammer.
1. How Yammer Works
2. Getting Started
3. Using the Home Feed
4. Work in a Group
5. Work with Files and Notes
6. Create and Administer a Group
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.