Join Mark Abdelnour for an in-depth discussion in this video Work with document pins, part of SharePoint Online: Managing Documents.
- [Narrator] In the new modern libraries…of Office 365 SharePoint Online,…we now have the ability to pin documents or folders…to the top of the view in a document library.…This is a fantastic feature, especially for libraries…that hold large numbers of documents.…No one likes scrolling through hundreds of files…looking for something so by putting a link…to a document in focus, at the top of the library,…important documents will be much easier to access.…
Let's take a look at how this works.…We're here in a library called Marketing Materials…and there's a document that I'm looking for.…It's called Sales Conference and this is the document…that I want to pin to the top of this document library.…The first step is to select the document.…Now with it selected from the command bar,…I'm going to to click on these three dots…or the ellipses.…And at the top we can see an option called…Pin to Top.…I'll go ahead and click on it.…Now you don't see anything change just yet…so I'm going to deselect this file…and let's scroll back to the top of this library.…
- Accessing SharePoint Online
- Creating and working with documents
- Editing documents
- Sharing files
- Creating document views and document pins
- Searching and filtering
- Exporting to Excel
Skill Level Beginner
Integrating Dynamics 365 with SharePointwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 29m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
1. SharePoint Online
2. Create and Work with Documents
3. Document Collaboration
4. Work with Document Views
5. Document Management Hidden Gems
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.