Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Word and SharePoint, part of SharePoint Online Essential Training: The Basics.
- [Instructor] Microsoft Word has some strong…integration points with SharePoint Online,…and some of the features that you'll see here…with Word are also true for Excel and PowerPoint as well.…If I want to create a new document in a…document library, I can simply click the New dropdown,…and choose Word document.…That Word document will open then in Word Online,…so that I can begin to edit it.…If I add some information,…this document will be saved for me automatically.…
If I want access to commands that are not…available in a browser, for example, insert a cover page,…insert smart art, turn on track changes,…then I can choose to edit this document in Word.…When I do, Word will open on my desktop,…and the document then will open as well.…Remember also that I can co-author in Word,…so if I'm working on a Word document…that is stored in SharePoint, or stored and shared…in my OneDrive for Business, other users…who have access to those documents…can also edit the document at the same time that I do.…
Note that auto save is automatically turned on,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Understanding SharePoint permissions
- Searching SharePoint sites
- Editing, saving, and sharing documents
- Using OneDrive for file storage
- Working with libraries and list apps
- Creating custom and dynamic views
- Integrating Office apps: Outlook, Word, and more
- Going mobile with SharePoint Online
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with SharePoint Online
2. Work with SharePoint Sites
3. Edit and Save Documents
4. Share and Sync Documents
5. Work with List Apps
6. Go Mobile with SharePoint Online
Switch between views1m 24s
7. Integration: SharePoint 2016 and Office
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.