- [Instructor] Microsoft Word has some strong…integration points with SharePoint Online,…and some of the features that you'll see here…with Word are also true for Excel and PowerPoint as well.…If I want to create a new document in a…document library, I can simply click the New dropdown,…and choose Word document.…That Word document will open then in Word Online,…so that I can begin to edit it.…If I add some information,…this document will be saved for me automatically.…
If I want access to commands that are not…available in a browser, for example, insert a cover page,…insert smart art, turn on track changes,…then I can choose to edit this document in Word.…When I do, Word will open on my desktop,…and the document then will open as well.…Remember also that I can co-author in Word,…so if I'm working on a Word document…that is stored in SharePoint, or stored and shared…in my OneDrive for Business, other users…who have access to those documents…can also edit the document at the same time that I do.…
Note that auto save is automatically turned on,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Name the default level permissions are assigned in SharePoint.
- Recall what information on your profile is created from Active Directory that you won’t be able to change.
- Explain the limitation of a personal OneDrive account that makes it a poor choice for using with SharePoint.
- Define Noteworthy apps in SharePoint.
- Recall how to view your SharePoint team site in a browser view when using an Apple iOS device.
- Identify which board is built-in on a SharePoint.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with SharePoint Online
2. Work with SharePoint Sites
3. Edit and Save Documents
4. Share and Sync Documents
5. Work with List Apps
6. Go Mobile with SharePoint Online
Switch between views1m 24s
7. Integration: SharePoint 2016 and Office
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.