Join Brian Alderman for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Migrating from Microsoft SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2016.
- [Instructor] This course is focusing on helping you migrate to SharePoint 2016, which means you will gain the most from it by already having SharePoint experience, specifically knowing how to navigate within central admin, familiar with SharePoint concepts and terminology like web apps and service apps, site collections, and of course some knowledge of PowerShell. I will be assuming you have SharePoint administrative experience as I go through the course.
- Reasons to migrate
- Planning for migration
- Understanding SharePoint Server 2016
- Upgrading using the database attach method
- Upgrading paths
- Verifying web apps and service apps
- Verifying farm configurations