Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Publishing Sites with SharePoint 2013.
- What You Should Know Before Watching This. Now the knowledge that I'm talking about is not necessarily an in-depth knowledge. But all of the terms that I'm going to go over here, you should have at least a basic knowledge of. And, I suggest that if you don't have that knowledge, that you use lynda.com's online library to do some searching, so that you will be familiar with what we're covering here, before we get into it. Because we are going to give you an overview of publishing.
We're not going to go into the nitty-gritties of SharePoint. You need, therefore, a Good knowledge of SharePoint Server, not SharePoint Online. Understand what a Web application is in SharePoint, what a Site collection is, and what a Subsite is. You should understand the concept of a content type. And within that content type, how we use Site columns, how navigation works within a Site, the basic Concept of branding, and here we're talking more about branding of a website for marketing, a Basic knowledge of SharePoint search.
- The ins and outs of publishing a SharePoint site
- Viewing the templates and groups in action
- Authoring a site using HTML and Word
- Using video and images in your site
- Cross-site publishing
- Understanding managed navigation
- Adding a product catalog
- Performing analytics on your site