Learn about the system requirements you'll need to work along with this course. You'll want SharePoint 2016 running in a supported browser, such as Internet Explorer 10 or 11; Edge; or the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox. You'll also want to be either owner or member of the site you are using.
- [Instructor] If you would like to work along with me,…you will need SharePoint 2016,…also referred to as SharePoint On-Premises…or SharePoint On-Prem.…SharePoint 2016 is normally installed…on servers in your organization,…but it could also be installed on servers…that your organization keeps in the Cloud, like Azure.…SharePoint runs in a browser, so it behooves us…to take a look at which browsers are supported…and which browsers aren't.…Supported browsers are the browsers…that SharePoint has been tested against.…You can use SharePoint…with Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or 11.…
Earlier versions of IE are not supported.…You can use Microsoft Edge, which premiered with Windows 10.…With these other desktop browsers listed,…the latest version is supported.…The current version of Google Chrome,…of Mozilla Firefox, or of Apple Safari…all work with the current version of SharePoint.…Now, there is a world of other browsers,…but these are the browsers…that SharePoint has been tested with.…Additionally, there are some SharePoint features…
- Use SharePoint to create websites, collaboration spaces, and custom applications.
- List three ways a user can add documents to a SharePoint library.
- Modify documents simultaneously with coworkers and team members.
- Organize and share apps, lists, and libraries by choosing public views.
- Analyze content on all of your devices by syncing libraries and OneDrive.
- Organize a team site to promote collaboration.