Join CA Callahan for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need to know, part of SharePoint 2016: Installation and Configuration.
- [Instructor] This course is intended for experienced Windows Server Administrators. You need to have knowledge of SQL Server, AD, IIS, and DNS. Some experience using SharePoint is helpful, but not required. Planning your SharePoint installation is a key element for success. And it's of vital importance to understand how SharePoint will be used by your organization. Before starting this course, you should already know why you're installing SharePoint, which will drive the plan for hardware and topology.
If you are unfamiliar with the planning of a SharePoint installation, please check out my course on the topic in the library. Also, there are some really great documents for planning at the SharePoint 2016 page on TechNet, under plan, in the table of contents.
CA Callahan takes you through each stage of the process, covering everything from software installation prerequisites, to common topologies and MinRoles, to how to slipstream updates into an installation. Callahan introduces best practices, as well as steps involved in configuring outgoing email, web applications, site collections, managed accounts, and farm accounts. Plus, discover how to use some common tools that experienced administrators use on a day-to-day basis to make the most of their installation efforts.
- SharePoint installation considerations
- Configuring SQL for SharePoint
- Software installation prerequisites
- Using the Installation Wizard
- Installing SharePoint 2016 on additional servers
- Configuring outgoing email
- Configuring a web application and site collection