- [Instructor] There are a few things that you will need to work along with me in this course. First, you will need to have SharePoint. They are currently a couple of versions of SharePoint. There's SharePoint Server, which should be SharePoint Server 2016 or 2019 which is installed in your workplace, also called SharePoint On-premise or On-prem. This course is not about that version of SharePoint. This course instead is on SharePoint Online, which is available also as part of Office 365.
If you're looking for a course on SharePoint On-prem, you will find courses for every version of SharePoint in the LinkedIn Learning Training Library. But this course focuses on SharePoint Online. Every version of SharePoint, including SharePoint On-prem, runs in a browser, so it behooves us to know what browsers we can use to run SharePoint. These are the recommended browsers and operating systems for SharePoint Online. First, if you are running Windows 10, you can use Edge, you can use Internet Explorer 11 still, and you can use the latest version of either Firefox or Chrome.
If you are using Windows 8, 8.1, or 7 Service Pack 1, you can use Internet Explorer 11 or the latest versions of Firefox or Chrome, and if your organization is still running Windows Vista, as long as they are running Service Pack 2, you can use the latest versions of Firefox or Chrome. So any of these combinations of Windows and specific browsers will work. If on the other hand you are a Mac user, if you're using macOS 10.8 or later, you can either use the latest version of Safari, which really hums along with SharePoint.
That's actually my favorite choice other than Windows, or Chrome. If you using Linux, then you can use the latest version of Firefox or Chrome. We can also run SharePoint in a mobile device in a mobile environment, so if you wanted to run SharePoint in a browser on a mobile device and you were running for example an iPad, then if you're using iOS 10 or later, you should simply use the apps for your iOS. If you're using an older iPad running an older iOS, then you can use Safari for iOS.
And for Android, simply use the appropriate apps that are available through Google Play or wherever you download your apps. They are no browsers supported for SharePoint in an Android setting.
- Recall the purpose of three types of communication sites.
- Identify the function of themes on a SharePoint site.
- Name the method PowerApps replaces.
- Describe which area of the Hero web part is an active link.
- Explain how to add a new page to a site.
- Recognize the greatest number of columns a section layout may contain.
- Summarize best practices for setting permissions for a modern site.