Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video What are document sets?, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
In SharePoint 2007, you could create content types to better define the type of…content coming through your SharePoint sites.…You don't have generic document; you have resumes or contracts or specifications.…Sure, they are still documents, but they are wrapped out with form of Metadata.…Extra information about the status or the date received or the…handling instruction.…While content types are still very important to SharePoint 2010, they go even…deeper with document sets.…Here is the idea of a document set.…That, often you create will work with multiple documents at the same time and…this is a repeated event.…
If you are developing software products,…you might have functional specs in Word, project plans in Excel, user interface…mockups in Photoshop files.…If you're creating multiple business plans, you might always have a…presentation in PowerPoint, first-year projections in Excel, a Non-Disclosure Agreement in Word.…If your business opens new locations, you could have multiple documents with…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.