Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video What are PowerApps?, part of SharePoint: Mobilizing Workflows with PowerApps.
- [Instructor] Microsoft PowerApps is a suite of cloud-based software services that can be used to connect to many data sources, including SharePoint, which is our focus in this course, but to other services as well, all of the different types of connectors that we have for Power BI, for example, and Flow. They're all a common set of connections. Using the PowerApp services, we can create, build, publish, and share applications in web settings and for mobile, and it's mobile where PowerApps really shine, because we can leverage the capabilities of our mobile devices, the GPS, the camera, and so on in our PowerApps.
The PowerApp components include web.powerapps.com. It's an online design environment, and this is also the place that we will manage our apps and share the PowerApps that we create. Then, PowerApps Studio, which is a desktop application, a visual design environment. PowerApps mobile, which we can download from Google Play, which we can download from Apple for iOS, Android, Windows devices, and the PowerApps mobile solutions are used to be able to use those custom PowerApps that we've created.
Finally, there's a PowerApps admin center, which is used to administer the PowerApps component.
- What are PowerApps?
- Creating a custom list in SharePoint
- Creating a PowerApp
- Applying a theme and format controls
- Launching your app from SharePoint
- Adding a screen and navigation to your app
- Sharing and managing PowerApps