Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video What is a Meeting Workspace?, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
Let's take a look at the other workspace that we can get in SharePoint.…Once again, a workspace is a site and we are now here looking at a basic Meeting…Workspace or a basic meeting site.…I can see immediately that it shares a lot of the common things with the…Document Workspace and with the team site.…We still have the Ribbon, we still have the general look and feel.…It does appear that the Quick Launch Bar on the left-hand side is gone, and that…is true, because the idea of a Meeting Workspace is about as simple as it gets…here and you don't really need to navigate all that much from place to place.…
In this case, the Meeting Workspace has a place for Objectives, a place to list…Attendees, a place for an Agenda, and a place for a Document Library.…Everything here can be driven from this one page.…It is still a SharePoint site, so if I want to, I can go to my Site Actions menu…and find the View All Site Content section, which will tell me, "yep, you have…got one document library and three lists."…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.