Walks through the first few hours a new user will spend with SharePoint working with Web sites, communities, content, and search.
- Hi, I'm Simon Allardice, and welcome to SharePoint 2010, Getting Started. In this course, I'll take you through your first few hours with SharePoint 2010 so you can understand what it is, what it does, and the best and most productive ways to use it. We'll explore creating and using SharePoint sites, lists, and libraries. We'll see how SharePoint streamlines teamwork. We'll talk about office integration and even see features like Workflow and Business Intelligence. SharePoint is a huge product and it can take time to really learn, but that time is worth it, because SharePoint used correctly makes your life easier and it really can give you new ways of working that you may not have considered yet.
If you're looking for SharePoint to help grow your business, help yourself or your colleagues work together, or you've just heard that you're supposed to know this thing called SharePoint, you're in the right place. I've been working with SharePoint since the first version of this product, SharePoint Team Services in 2001, so it's nearly ten years now, and we have by far the best version yet with SharePoint 2010. I've taught hundreds of people how to successfully and quickly navigate and learn what can often be a very complex product. Though you may have been using SharePoint already, I'm going to start from the very beginning, so I expect no SharePoint knowledge, though I do expect you're familiar with the Microsoft Office products, things like Word, Excel, and Outlook.
SharePoint is important. It's one of the fastest growing products in Microsoft's history and it's just getting bigger, and it's a great skill to know how to use it well, so let's begin with SharePoint 2010, Getting Started.
- Exploring the SharePoint product line
- Creating a Web site
- Understanding document and meeting workspaces
- Setting site permissions
- Working with Office 2010 and SharePoint
- Checking documents in and out
- Versioning documents
- Social networking in SharePoint