Learn how to make the switch to SharePoint 2016. Discover how to avoid migration pitfalls, plan and complete your migration, verify that your migration was a success, and more.
- [Brian] If you're running SharePoint 2010 or SharePoint 2013, you've heard of the exciting new features and functionality that's available in 2016. You may want to jump on board and take advantage of these features. Hello, my name is Brian Alderman, and I'm a Microsoft MVP, MCT, MCSE, and MCSA, and I'm going to help you prepare for the migration to SharePoint 2016 by explaining reasons that may want to, or maybe not want to migrate to SharePoint 2016, some pitfalls I want you to be aware of as you're planning the migration, and yes I do want you to plan for the migration SharePoint 2016.
We're going to look at some of the primary changes, including what's new and deprecated features in SharePoint 2016. And then we'll walk through the steps to complete the migration and how to verify that you're migration was successful. Lets roll up our sleeves and get started.
- Reasons to migrate
- Planning for migration
- Understanding SharePoint Server 2016
- Upgrading using the database attach method
- Upgrading paths
- Verifying web apps and service apps
- Verifying farm configurations