Libraries and lists too long for practical use? Optimize SharePoint to increase the speed and efficiency of viewing and analyzing large lists.
- [Gini] This course is all about issues that are raised by large lists, including libraries, in our SharePoint sites. We'll begin by understanding the issues, what happens when your library or list is too large. And then we'll look at mitigating strategies. Using indexes, creating folders, using search because we have a large list. We'll learn how to create filtered views that rely on those indexes that we created and dynamic views that are based on time or based on the logged-in user's identification.
We'll then look at two strategies for speeding up data display, so that when we actually retrieve those large lists, they come to our screen quickly. Finally, we'll look at three different strategies for working with SharePoint data outside of SharePoint, in Excel and in Access. We have a lot to learn, and a number of strategies to implement. Let's get started.
- Determine appropriate strategies for managing large lists and libraries.
- Explain the benefits of using date-based dynamic filters.
- Name the best option for creating flat views.
- Recognize the threshold for coauthoring in Word.
- Define boundaries, thresholds, and supported limits.