SharePoint administrators: learn how to manage sites and collections for your organization with these short, focused SharePoint tutorials.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Ron Davis, and I'm the author of SharePoint 2013 Site and Collection Administration. Whether you are going to be a full-time SharePoint administrator or just someone that gets called on occasionally, there are certain skills that you need to understand. We are going to cover almost everything you'll need to get started as a site or collection administrator, including how to handle blocked files, locks, how to change administrators, both site administrators and collection administrators, working with quotas, understanding the impact of turning features on or off, and how to do database backups for SharePoint content stored.
So let's get started on your path to learn to be a SharePoint administrator.
- Navigating the SharePoint architecture
- Handling blocked files and locks
- Working with quotas
- Backing up and restoring the content database
- Creating and modifying site libraries and lists
- Adding site pages and Web Parts
- Branding your SharePoint site with Design Manager