Learn about how your name, location, email address, and other details and contact information are stored in your profile. Click your name and choose About Me to view and edit your profile; add a photo and information about your projects, skills, and interests.
- [Instructor] SharePoint is a tool that is meant…to work with teams,…and you'll often work with people who you don't…really meet in real life,…all they see about you is what's in your profile.…So early in your time in SharePoint,…it's a good idea to make sure…that you know what's in your profile,…and that you update it.…The easiest way to get to your profile…is to go, click your name,…drop down and choose About Me,…and you'll be taken into your profile.…This is as bare bones as it comes,…and normally your IT department,…or your SharePoint administrator…will have filled some of this information in.…
All I have is an email address, and my name.…Click Edit Your Profile,…and these are tabs,…there's a link for basic information,…one for contact information,…one for details.…Now, some of this information has already been filled in,…my mobile phone, for example,…my work email and my office location,…and it may be that you can't change those,…that they aren't open text boxes that you can modify.…But let's take a look at what we can modify.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Use SharePoint to create websites, collaboration spaces, and custom applications.
- List three ways a user can add documents to a SharePoint library.
- Modify documents simultaneously with coworkers and team members.
- Organize and share apps, lists, and libraries by choosing public views.
- Analyze content on all of your devices by syncing libraries and OneDrive.
- Organize a team site to promote collaboration.