- [Instructor] When you visit a SharePoint site,…you don't necessarily see every single part of the site.…When you look at the homepage,…or even when you view the items that are…in the quick launch.…Because the person who developed this site,…and then later on this site owner,…which may be a different person,…can make choices about whether or not…particular site features are available on the quick launch,…or are featured on the homepage.…Because this is prime real estate.…I might have five document libraries,…and 20 custom lists, and I don't want to…crowd them all onto this page.…
I want to be sure that the items that are listed…in the quick launch are the items…that I want to have featured.…The items that users need to have access to.…More importantly, I might have some libraries…that I don't want users to have access to.…And in that case I would make sure…that they're not on the quick launch.…What if I have a library like that?…Because I do.…How do I get to it without either memorizing…or bookmarking the URL, or listing it on the quick launch?…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Name the default level permissions are assigned in SharePoint.
- Recall what information on your profile is created from Active Directory that you won’t be able to change.
- Explain the limitation of a personal OneDrive account that makes it a poor choice for using with SharePoint.
- Define Noteworthy apps in SharePoint.
- Recall how to view your SharePoint team site in a browser view when using an Apple iOS device.
- Identify which board is built-in on a SharePoint.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with SharePoint Online
2. Work with SharePoint Sites
3. Edit and Save Documents
4. Share and Sync Documents
5. Work with List Apps
6. Go Mobile with SharePoint Online
Switch between views1m 24s
7. Integration: SharePoint 2016 and Office
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.