SharePoint has had many versions over the years. In this video, learn the process to upgrade SharePoint Server 2016 to SharePoint Server 2019.
- [Narrator] To upgrade from Microsoft … SharePoint Server 2016 … to SharePoint Server 2019, … you would use what's called the database attached method. … Now, there are four stages to this upgrade … and they are to create the SharePoint Server 2019 farm. … Copy the SharePoint server 2016 databases. … Upgrade the SharePoint server 2016 databases … and service apps. … And finally upgrade SharePoint Server 2016 site collections. … So, let's look at each one of these in detail. … The first stage in the upgrade process creates … the new SharePoint Server 2019 farm. … So, the server farm administrator would install … SharePoint Server 2019 to a new farm, … but then the server farm administrator would set … SharePoint Server 2016 farm to read only, … so that users can continue to access the old farm, … while the upgrade is in process on the new farm. … The second stage in the upgrade process, … copies the databases to the new environment. … You use SQL Server management studio for these tasks. …
- Configuring backup and restore
- Designing for high availability
- Configuring DNS for web apps
- Creating a web app
- Creating a site collection
- Verifying site collections
- Creating a user profile service application
- Configuring Active Directory import
- Creating a search service application
- Managing a SharePoint farm
- Creating BCS and Secure Store service apps
- Storing credentials in Secure Store
- Configuring managed metadata
Skill Level Intermediate
Configure and Manage SharePoint Hybrid Scenarioswith Ed Liberman1h 55m Intermediate
1. Plan a SharePoint Farm
2. Web Applications
3. Manage Site Collections
Verify site creation1m 33s
4. User Profiles
5. Manage Search
6. Manage and Maintain a SharePoint Farm
7. BCS and Secure Store
8. Plan and Configure Managed Metadata
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.