Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the web content management features, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
If you have SharePoint Server, either the Standard or the Enterprise Edition,…one of the things that you have that's not in SharePoint Foundation is something…called the publishing feature.…Now, you'll hear this referred to as Web Content Management or WCM or even…Enterprise Content Management.…In fact, there is a lot of jargon surrounding this idea.…Even the word publishing isn't all that helpful, because in SharePoint we have…something called a publishing Feature, we have something called a Publishing…Portal, we have something called a publishing site.…Now, all of this actually makes sense after you understand what publishing is,…but it's not that helpful when learning it.…
Really to understand what this very idea is this thing that's known by many names, …we have to step back a few years. Go back to 2002.…Microsoft had a product called Content Management Server.…This was a Microsoft technology that you could use if you wanted to manage a…large-scale website.…By large-scale I mean thousands or even tens of thousands of web pages where you…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.