Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Using site templates, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
So far we've been working with team sites, document workspaces,…meeting workspaces.…all great sites and all available in SharePoint Foundation, the free version of SharePoint.…Now, if you have SharePoint Server, you will have even more site templates and…if you have SharePoint Server Enterprise, you have even more than that. Let's take a look.…Well, as ever, we can create a site from the Site Actions > New Site menu and if…you have the Silverlight plug-in installed, you'll see this version.…Otherwise you'll see a fairly normal web page.…These sites can be filtered to make them a bit more readable.…
We can start breaking down by the sites that deal with, it calls Collaboration,…such as the Team Site, the Document Workspace, and the Group Work Site.…Sites related to meetings. The five Meeting Workspaces are very, very similar to each other.…There is a section called Web Databases.…This uses the Access Services feature of SharePoint Server Enterprise.…These are really five websites based on Access databases.…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.