Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Using master pages, part of SharePoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
Every single page on every single SharePoint site uses something called a master page.…A master page describes the overall layout of the pages on a site, so that you…don't have to rewrite the common things like the logo, the navigation down the…left-hand side, the navigation along the top. In fact, you can change the master page.…I am going to go to my Site Settings of this site with publishing enabled.…I will actually find the word master page used in two places.…We have a Master pages and page layout gallery in our Galleries section and then…I find the master page in the Look and Feel section.…
Now, you'll only see this entry in the Look and Feel section if you…have publishing enabled.…If you don't have publishing enabled, the only place you can change the master…page is actually using SharePoint Designer.…So if I select that one, it takes me to the Site Master Page Settings where it…says here is where you can specify a master page to be used by this site and all…sites that inherit from it, and it's showing me the out of the box master page…
- Understanding a SharePoint team site
- Navigating lists and libraries
- Creating Document Workspaces
- Using versioning and check-in/check-out
- Integrating with Office 2010 applications
- Adding and deleting users
- Creating workflows
- Working with server site templates
- Creating a wiki and a blog
- Working with rich media
- Managing documents and other content
- Sharing information with charts and status indicators
Skill Level Beginner
1. SharePoint 101
2. Core SharePoint Sites: Team Sites
3. Core SharePoint Sites: Document Workspaces
4. Core SharePoint Sites: Meeting Workspaces
5. SharePoint Lists and Libraries
6. SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
7. SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
8. SharePoint 2010 Security
9. SharePoint Workflows
10. SharePoint 2010 Server Site Templates
11. SharePoint Documents and Content
12. SharePoint Communities
Creating a SharePoint blog2m 48s
13. SharePoint Search
14. SharePoint Business Intelligence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.